|Origin||Detroit, Michigan, United States|
|Associated acts|| Insane Clown Posse|
| Violent J|
Shaggy 2 Dope
Blaze Ya Dead Homie
| Anybody Killa|
Dark Lotus is an American hip hop supergroup based in Detroit, Michigan. Formed in 1999, the group consists of Psychopathic Records-associated rappers Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope of Insane Clown Posse, Jamie Madrox and Monoxide of Twiztid, and Blaze Ya Dead Homie.
Dark Lotus made its debut with the single "Echo Side," which was later released on Insane Clown Posse's 1999 album The Amazing Jeckel Brothers. It was later announced that each member "would act as a 'petal' of the lotus," and that there would be six members. Esham joined the group, and signed to Psychopathic with plans to release his album Tongues on the label, but left following a disagreement, and was replaced by Marz.
Dark Lotus released their first album, Tales from the Lotus Pod, in 2001. Mike E. Clark was brought in to produce the album, but left the project after producing four songs, and Fritz the Cat produced the rest of the album. The album peaked at #1 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart, #6 on the Top Independent Albums chart, and #158 on the Billboard 200. Marz left the group, and was replaced by James Lowery. In 2002, Tales from the Lotus Pod was reissued in a new version removing Marz' vocals. On April 6, 2004, Dark Lotus released their second studio album, Black Rain. It peaked at #3 on the Top Independent Albums chart, and at #71 on the Billboard 200.
Lowery left the group, and a third album, The Opaque Brotherhood, was released without him. It peaked at #4 on the Top Independent Albums chart, #23 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart, #45 on the Top Internet Albums chart, and #45 on the Billboard 200.
- Tales from the Lotus Pod (2001)
- Black Rain (2004)
- The Opaque Brotherhood (2008)
- The Mud, Water, Air & Blood
- ↑ Bruce, Joseph; Hobey Echlin. "Complete Discography". in Nathan Fostey. ICP: Behind the Paint (2nd Edition ed.). Royal Oak, Michigan: Psychopathic Records. pp. 560–561. ISBN 09741846083.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 True, Chris. "Dark Lotus > Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved on 2008-07-14.
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKzpf3NE5Bo
- ↑ Bruce, Joseph; Hobey Echlin. "Hatchet Rising". in Nathan Fostey. ICP: Behind the Paint (2nd Edition ed.). Royal Oak, Michigan: Psychopathic Records. pp. 470–496. ISBN 09741846083.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 "Charts and awards for Dark Lotus". Allmusic. Retrieved on 2008-08-27.
- ↑ D'Angelo, Joe (September 25, 2001). "Insane Clown Posse Axed By Label, Launching Tour". MTV News. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1449157/20010925/i_c_p.jhtml. Retrieved on 2008-11-03.
- ↑ Bonaventura, Andrea (October 25, 2006). "The Calm Before the Storm". Real Detroit Weekly. Retrieved on 2008-07-14.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|